YOU DECIDE – PHYSICAL ACTIVITY COUNSELLING HELPS
You know that you should exercise but you don’t have the time, energy, or motivation. Fortunately, you are not alone with this problem. Physical activity counselling is a free service that guides and motivates people on the road towards a new, more active lifestyle.
FREE SERVICE, OPEN FOR EVERYONE
What is it?
Physical activity counselling is just the right, inspiring, easy to adopt and free of charge support to make physical activity part of your daily life.
Who is it for?
If you need more activity in your daily life or if you know that your lifestyle could be better, physical activity counselling is just for you.
In physical activity counselling, professionals support and give you feedback. This will help you achieve the goals that you have set for yourself.
Find out if your municipality offers physical activity counselling
Physical activity counselling is a free service open to everyone. It is organized either by the municipality’s sports department or health care. On our website you will find information on whether your Finnish municipality offers physical activity counselling. The information is provided in Finnish.
No one sets requirements for your physical activity – it is your decision. You have the courage and power to change your habits.
Start with these steps
- Get up and walk while you talk on the phone.
- Exercise together with a friend. If you have agreed to meet with someone, it is less likely that you will cancel it.
- Take the stairs. Use an elevator only when you are carrying something.
- Play around with children or pets.
- Walk or cycle to your workplace. Your body will not recognize if you are commuting or using an exercise bike.
- Make light movements or stretches while watching TV.
- Open the front door and go out. That is the most difficult step. It does not matter what you do there, as long as you decide to step out.